Posted on 25 March 2013
Now that spring is here, it is time to leave the mundaneness of our daily routines to go on VACATION! No one wants to be seen schlepping an armful of bags from the terminal to the hotel or looking like you have been up since the crack of dawn to catch a flight (even if you have been).
Here are a few tips of how to stay fabulous during departure, during the flight and when you arrive at your final destination...
[caption id="attachment_861" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Borrow this style tip from Sienna Miller..Always fly with a scarf that can double as a blanket on the plane. We prefer something in cashmere.[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_860" align="aligncenter" width="375"] Heidi Klum gets it right by wearing comfy, yet hip jumpsuit, stylish flats, and pulling the whole look together by adding an edgy leather jacket.[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_859" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Gwyneth keeps her look simple and polished in all black with a gray scarf and the one must have accessory on any trip...big black sunnies.[/caption]
Before you take flight and to ensure impossible freshness at your final destination...
1. Hydration is key...Drink plenty of water and keep a travel sized moisturizer packed in your carry on. Averaging only 20% humidity (which is dryer than the Sahara Dessert), pressurized cabins can dehydrate you and wreak havoc on your skin.
2. Tame your mane. To avoid static electricity that will make your hair stand on end, pack a natural bristle brush in your carry-on. Never underestimate the power of a knit beanie or cloche hat to cover those tresses. Or spray hair with leave-in conditioner and twist into a chic topknot. Before you step off the plane, take the topknot down to reveal a head full of flowing waves.
3. Relax! We know traveling can cause stress, which can cause a plethora of issues on your trip. I love Origins Peace of Mind On the Spot Relief. Dab a little on your pulse points and let the tension melt away.
4. Catch some zzz's during the flight. Smooth on a moisturizing eye cream, grab your sleep mask and put on soothing music to help you relax during the flight. After all, you want to be ready for whatever waits for you once you land.
5. Give your immune system a little boost by drinking Airborne or Emergen-C the day before your flight and once you are on the plane. Don't forget to pack the hand sanitizer, too (you never know who used the airplane lav before you).